Date(s) - 11/28/2017 - 12/03/2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Categories No Categories
1. 2nd Annual Basket Raffle is happening now! Chinese-auction Fundraiser for Destination Hudson/Visitor Center & Gift Shop. Stop in the Visitor Center (27 E.Main St) to see the 20+ baskets donated by area merchants.
2. Holiday Open House at the Visitor Center & Gift Shop. Sunday, Dec 3rd 12-4 pm. Refreshments, and 20% off for new or renewing Sponsors!)
3. Santa on the Green, Sat, Dec. 2nd 9 – 3
4. Holiday Walk, Sunday, Dec 3rd noon to 5 pm
5. Art Hop for the Holidays, Fri, Dec. 8th 5-8 pm
6. Search for the Christ Child, Sunday Dec 10th 4.30 – 7 pm
7. Frosty 5-miler and Mistletoe Walk. Dec 24th, Christmas Eve Morning https://runsignup.com/Race/OH/Hudson/Frosty5MistletoeMile
SANTA ON THE GREEN
Sat, Dec. 2nd 9 am – 3 pm. Santa and Mrs Claus arrive by Fire Truck, sponsored by Hudson Rotary. Line tickets are essential and may be picked up after 8 am at the Gazebo
HUDSON’S ANNUAL HOLIDAY WALK
Sunday, Dec. 3rd noon – 5 p.m.
Downtown Hudson, including Main Street, First & Main, Acme Plaza, Evaporator Works and more.
If you have never experienced this long-standing Hudson tradition,
you are in for a treat!
• Live Nativity on the Clocktower Green, courtesy of Hudson First Congregational Church. Complete with the Holy Family, shepherds, sheep and a camel!
• Caroling all around town – Members of adult, youth and children’s Hudson Community Choruses, and groups of young carolers from the Hudson Music Association. Girl Scouts will carol on the First & Main Gazebo
• Santa will be visiting with his elves Hudson’s own “Sedan or Van Transportation” will be Santa’s “sleigh” for the day, transporting him to each location.
o 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. Great Clips
o 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. CycleBar (new on First St)
o 4 – 6 p.m. Dinner with Santa at Hudson’s
• First & Main will have horse drawn carriage rides, a hot cocoa warm up station, kids’ crafts & activities. Girl Scouts from across the region will be caroling under the Pergola on the F&M Green. Operation Snowflake (write a message to a soldier) and the Stuff the Humvee Toy Drive for NEOPAT from 12-5. More details to follow.
• Olaf will be around town from 1-5 pm, based at the Visitor Center, posing for pictures and promoting sales of the Holiday Basket Raffle (fundraiser for Destination Hudson/Visitor Center
• Hudson Community Choruses (Adult, Youth & Children) present an intergenerational choral celebration at the First Congregational Church at 4 pm. Holiday sing a-long to follow in the Fellowship Hall. Details at hudsoncommunitychorus.com
Refreshments, specials, events and giveaways at many members of The Merchants of Hudson! All details at www.merchantsofhudson.com closer to the event
CLE Social Arcade: $25 Arcade Gift Cards for only $20! Plus, for every $50 you spend, you’ll get a FREE $10 Gift Card to use on your next purchase! *Gift Card & Spend/Get Promotion valid through December 30, 2017.
Epiphany – For every $30 you spend you’ll get $5 dollars in Epiphany Dollars to use till the end of the year. We will also be offering Free Holiday Cookies and Cider.
Great Clips of Hudson: Donate non-perishable food items benefitting Hudson’s Food Pantry and receive a certificate for $3 off your next service. Visit Santa on 12/3 and enjoy hot chocolate and cookies with the world’s largest Elf! 11 am – 1 pm
Heather’s Heat & Flavor offers 10% off all Christmas ornaments. Enjoy seasonal treats. Plus, with a $25.00 purchase, receive a BONUS a coupon good for $5.00 off a future purchase of $25.00 or more, good until January 15, 2018!
Hudson’s Restaurant: Buy $50 in Hudson’s Restaurant Gift Cards and receive a $10 Gift certificate from Us! Starts November 24th. While supplies lasts. Hudson’s Restaurant will be collecting for Akron Childrens Hospital Patient Wish List from Friday 11/24 to Wednesday 12/13. We are looking for the following
1. Brand new stuffed animals with tags
2. Crayola art supplies (crayons, markers, colored pencils) & coloring books
3. Gift cards (Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us)
4. Adult coloring books
5. Medical toy kits
6. Play-Doh and Play-Doh kits
7. Lego sets
8. Super hero & princess themed dolls or action figures
9. Hair brushes with soft bristles & small detangler spray bottles
10. Technology accessories (earbuds, headphones, electronics chargers, gaming controllers)
Off Mainstreet Salon. December 3 Holiday Open House 12-4. 20% off all products, Savings on Salon Service packages. Purchase a gift certificate for 100.00 save 10.00! Demos, treats and more!
HOLIDAY ART HOP Fri, Dec.8 5-8 pm. Details and map at www.hudsonarthop.com
SEARCH FOR THE CHRIST CHILD
An Interactive Journey
Sunday, December 10
4:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Hudson United Methodist Church
2600 Hudson-Aurora Road
Located on the corner of Hudson-Aurora Road and Stow Road, just north of the High School
Please join us for a truly unique evening. Experience the joy of the shepherds and the singing of angels. Search for the Christ Child begins in the inn where a census is taken. After light refreshments, a shepherd guide will accompany groups of travelers on an interactive pilgrimage in search of the Christ Child. You are encouraged to dialogue along the way as you meet shepherds tending their live flock, angels, wise men, and innkeepers. Meet the “sleepy man”, visit King Herod’s palace, travel through a marketplace, and ultimately reach the nativity.
This 30-minute journey is free, wheelchair accessible and for all ages. Canned food donations will be accepted and donated to local food banks.
For additional information, call the church office at 330-650-2650
FROSTY 5-miler and Mistletoe Walk Frosty 5 & Mistletoe Mile is Presented by Summa Health
Escape from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season by donning the ugly sweater your Aunt Marge knitted for you last year and running Western Reserve Racing’s 5th annual Frosty 5 Mile or Mistletoe Mile Fun Run. This Hudson tradition is your opportunity to have some holiday fun and do some good. Dress up and be merry! The race is walker and stroller friendly and the Mistletoe Mile is perfect for the kids! Come on out and don’t be surprised if you see Santa and several reindeer in the race! https://runsignup.com/Race/OH/Hudson/Frosty5MistletoeMile. Great fun for the whole family. Sign up or volunteer at the link. Race kicks off on the Village Green at 8 a.m.
Ugly sweater contest will take place prior to the 5 Mile start.
The 2017 Frosty 5 proudly supports Destination Hudson!